Global Hospitals Information Centre for Sri Lanka
The Department of Hematology serves both pediatric and adult hematology along with hemato-oncology patients.
Acute Lymphatic Leukemia is treated successfully with German BFM protocols with 80 to 90% long-term survival.
The Department cures patients with severe aplastic anemia and provides patients various medical and surgical services
The Department possesses state-of-the-art infrastructure such as:
- Isolation Rooms
- Ultra HEPA Filters
- Highly Sensitive Air Filtration System
- Separate ICU
- Laminar Flow for TPN
- Bone marrow Transplant Unit
- Use of molecular oncology for precise diagnosis
- Advanced medical imaging professionals define the tumor volume for radiotherapy planning & execution
- Excellent team of Onco Pathologists and Hemoto Pathologists, having decades of experience
Bone Marrow Transplantation
- The Department has a positive pressure HEPA filtered laminar flow Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
- Dedicated Bone Marrow suites with laminar airflow
- Trained nurses and transplant coordinators
- A core team consisting of experienced medical oncologists, accomplished surgeons and experts in radiation therapy
- MLC based Linear Accelerators capable of Respiratory Gated IGRT (Image Guided Radiotherapy), IMRT, SRS & SRT (under installation)
- High Dose rate Brachytherapy Simulator for Radiation Oncology
- Curie Theatre, an in-house operation theatre with facility to carry out IORT
Cancer & Bone Marrow Transplantation